So my mom’s birthday is coming up this week and I have been trying to think of something I can bake to surprise her with. After much debate, I decided to make cake batter blondies with sprinkles on top. You can also make frosting to go on top of the bars but I think they taste perfect without the frosting! Don’t forget the milk on the side because what dessert isn’t complete without a tall glass of milk? 😉 If you know my mom, you know that she LOVES dessert, so I know she is going to love these! Happy baking!
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix (you can also use a yellow cake mix)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (if you use a yellow cake mix, add these in)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan (9×9″) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Add the milk to the bowl slowly- you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Dump batter in the pan and spread to the edges. Bake for 20-25 minutes. You might think that it’s not fully done because the center will still be gooey upon first exiting the oven – but don’t worry that’s what you want!
- Let them sit for about 20-30 minutes.
- Put sprinkles on top and enjoy!