I hope your Sunday is filled with lots of relaxation, love, and good food. I know the first day of Fall is on Thursday but it feels SO far away being that it’s still in the upper 90’s in Dallas. (Insert eyeroll emoji here) Even though I’m a true summer gal, I feel so giddy for all of the fall decor and I’m ready to make the transition to “cooler” weather. I had an itch to make something pumpkin flavored and so I did just that! I want to share this amazing Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese frosting recipe with you. I followed the recipe to a T and they turned out better than I imagined! So moist, flavorful, and delicious. These bars would be great for a potluck dinner, book club snack, or a Sunday football treat. My boyfriend is a huge Washington Redskins fan so I thought maybe these bars might help take the edge off while watching the football game against the Cowboys. No, I am not a Dallas Cowboys fan. We’ll save that story for another time. 😉
Ingredients for the Bars:
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounce can pumpkin (I used Libby’s)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients for the Frosting:
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions to make the Bars:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool completely before frosting.
Directions to make the Frosting:
- Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars. Make sure the bars are completely cooled! I let mine sit out for about an hour before frosting.
- CUT & ENJOY!
Did you do anything special this weekend or bake anything yummy? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂
Have a lovely week!
Follow me on Instagram: gracemeetsglam